help me with this exercise, please!

If you have a question for an English as a Second Language teacher, please post your message here.

Moderator: Keith Clausen

help me with this exercise, please!

Postby hoangquanhp » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:32:28 -0500

(Help me check this exercise. If it is not correct, please help me make it right. Letters in bold type are what I have done. There are some blanks because I haven't thought of the answer)
Catherine is ringing up a hotel to book a room. Complete the dialogue.
Receptionist (R), Catherine (C)
R: Grand Hotel. Good morning. (1)......What can I help you?....................................
C: Yes. I would like to book a room, please.
R: Certainly. And how long do (2).......you want to stay ?........................................................
C: Three days
R: Would you (3)........like what kind of room ?.............................................................
C: A single room, please
R: Very well. Could (4).....you give me your name and address?...................................................
C: Yes, it's Catherine Smith, 30 Old Road, York. By the way, what do you (5)...................................
R: For bed and breakfast? That's $25 a night?
C: Does that (6)................................................?
R: Yes, that's everything. There are no extra charges.
C: Right. OK. I'd like to book the room then
R: So, when (7) ........are you arriving...............................................................................?
C: I'll stay from 25 till 27 November. By the way, is it easy (8)..to get to the station ................................................ ?
R: Oh yes. The hotel is almost next door to the station. I'll send you a map if you like.
C: (9).....................................................................................................
R: You are welcome.
C: Well, one more thing. (10)..................................................................?
R: It's 031 492773. Anything else?
C: No thank you and goodbye.
hoangquanhp

How many legs does a cat have?: 4

Return to “%s” Ask an ESL Teacher