Learn English in Cairns Australia $350 pw accomm. & course

If you are studying at an English Language School and want to tell others about your experiences, or you are looking for more information from other students about an ESL school - post your message here.

Moderator: Emil Gallant

Learn English in Cairns Australia $350 pw accomm. & course

Postby Cairns English » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 07:32:23 -0500

Hi to all English students. My wife and I would like to invite you to come and learn English in our home school that is located at Clifton Beach, Cairns Australia. Both my wife and I are experienced and qualified English teachers. We have spent many years teaching in Russia, China and Australia. I have a University of Camberidge CELTA and my wife holds two degrees in linguistics.

Our home is a large 5 bedroom house with a large swimming pool and great outdoor entertainment and barbecue area. We offer you twin share accommodation and 15 hours of lessons a week for $350 or your own room and 15 hours of lessons a week for only $455 per week. We only accept 5 students at a time and teach a maximum of 2 groups. The maximum students in your group will be 5 but the average to a group is 2 or 3 students only.

Our home is located only 22km from Cairns city and walking distance to one of Cairns' best beaches. You can get to the city by express bus in about 35 minutes. We supply a bicycle free of charge and for booking of more than 2 weeks we supply free airport transfers.

For more information please write to me at info@cairnsenglish.com or you can read all about us on our website at http://www.cairnsenglish.com
Cairns English

How many legs does a cat have?: 4

Re: Learn English in Cairns Australia $350 pw accomm. & course

Postby karyllemia » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:14:44 -0500

Hello everyone,...

By the way, I would like to say thank you for the invitation about Learn English in Australia. I've heard that they have the best offer. Is it ?

I just wonder if how much is the tuition fee per semester?

Thanks. :)
karyllemia delacruz
karyllemia

Re: Learn English in Cairns Australia $350 pw accomm. & course

Postby Cairns English » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 07:39:23 -0500

Hi Karyllemia, thank you for your post.

Cairns English course fees are similar to what it would cost a student to attend one of the larger language schools in Cairns and stay in a share house. The lower end of course fees by language centres in Cairns is $250 per week for general English. The accommodation varies from $80 a week in an older share house up to $250 per week for full homestay. According to the hundreds of students we have taught at other language centres the average accommodation rate outside of homestay is about $100 a week. This is normally in a larger share house where up to 12 students live and share 1 or 2 bathrooms and a kitchen.

Please also consider that we do not charge enrolment fees, accommodation placement fees or material fees. Other schools charge up to $250 enrolement fee, $250 accommodation placement fee and $100 for materials. Depending on the length of stay of the student, our prices can be quite low compared to other schools for shorter periods. You should also consider that many students at other schools in Cairns are staying in locations that require them to catch a bus to and from school each day. Bus fares in Cairns are not cheap and the average student fare is about $3 each way, that's $30 a week!

Also please note that the avereage class size in Cairns language schools is 14 or 15 students, up to 18 during the busy season. We will never have more than 5 students in a group. The value for money in having only 5 students compared to up to 18 is substantial in terms of increased learning potential.

The semester fee is determined by the total number of days you wish to stay with us. The weekly rate is $350 for twin share which is $50 a day. Or, if the student wants their own room the weekly rate is $455 so the daily rate is $65. I can't ghive you an exact price unless I know the semester you are referring to.

To help students compare prices I have listed below what our fees include;

$350 per week
Includes 15 hours of lessons a week, twin share accommodation, high speed internet and free use of a bicycle. It does not include meals or food. Students can use the fully equipped kitchen or barbeque to prepare meals.

$455 per week
Includes 15 hours of lessons a week, own room accommodation, high speed internet and free use of a bicycle. It does not include meals or food. Students can use the fully equipped kitchen or barbeque to prepare meals.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Best wishes

Paul Baxter
Director - Cairns English
[url]info@cairnsenglish.com[/url]
http://www.cairnsenglish.com
Cairns English

Re: Learn English in Cairns Australia $350 pw accomm. & cour

Postby Greg85 » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 03:04:24 -0500

English language courses
If you want to study English in Australia we have a variety of courses you can choose from at VU English, our English language centre. Our courses improve your English skills and prepare you to study at university or TAFE in diplomas, degrees, masters and PhDs.

What they offer:
General English
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) for TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate preparation
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) preparation
Cambridge exam preparation - First Certificate in English (FCE)
English for Business
Study tours
-more information: http://www.vu.edu.au/courses/english-language-courses

Do you feel that editing may not deserve the same amount of time as writing? Quite the contrary, the editing part is the most difficult and usually requires even more time input that the initial draft. Many students, academics and novelists sometimes tend to make the assumption that their spur-of-the-moment manuscript need not be touched.

Take help about:
Edit English or English Edit?
Greg85

Return to “%s” ESL | English as a Second Language Schools