Studying English abroad!

If you are studying at an English Language School and want to tell others about your experiences, or you are looking for more information from other students about an ESL school - post your message here.

Moderator: Emil Gallant

Studying English abroad!

Postby stephania » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 03:04:11 -0500

I am determined to learned séjours linguistiques en Ecosse. in England but still I can’t decide where exactly I want to study. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m from France and my relatives have told me England is fantastic city.

On the other hand I have traveled before on Germany a year ago to learn Sprachkurs but I have never traveled so far and it does worry me a little. My experience taught me and I’ve noticed that my English course is better than before. But one my friend told me that it’s nice to study English course Malta which is sounds interesting. Anyone who might have recommendations for me? Thanks in advance.
stephania

How many legs does a cat have?: 4

Re: Studying English abroad!

Postby karyllemia » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:02:23 -0500

Hello stephania, your friend is right. Study English Abroad is really great specially when the place you've choose is one of your dream place.
karyllemia delacruz
karyllemia

Postby LanguageHoliday » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 06:23:10 -0500

Hi there!

If you are coming to the UK you don't have to be worried, even if you haven't been so far from home before. It's a very friendly place really!

You might want to decide where in the UK you really want to go. If you like pubs and clubs, then going to a city in England (like London or Manchester or Leeds) might be a good idea because they have a reputation for good nightlife. If you want to visit Scotland then you might be more interested in going to the countryside, especially the Highlands. I run English language holidays that combine visiting the Highlands with an immersive teaching programme. You also might be interested in studying in Edinburgh, which has a brilliant arts' festival every August and is a fantastic city.

If you want any advice then please just ask me!

all the best and good luck,

Ewan
LanguageHoliday

Postby marta1818 » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:02:25 -0500

You can literally teach from a online English school. teach English online with Skype
in home if it has a decent connection. Teach from the beach if you know how to use your cell phone to give your laptop an Internet connection. Imagine the possible places you can teach English online
What freedom!
marta1818

Postby Greg85 » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 01:32:26 -0500

Should I Study Abroad?
Every year thousands and thousands of people leave the comforts of their homes to learn English in countries such as the United States, Canada, England, and Australia. Why do they do it? Many feel that by studying a language in a country where it is spoken, they will be able to learn it more quickly. Others feel that studying abroad gives them a kind of prestige in their home country. It may even lead to a better job. And quite a few people want to study abroad for the pure pleasure and excitement it brings.

But living and studying in another country can also have its problems. Almost everyone experiences some level of homesickness. And a few people go home earlier than expected because their ideas about living in another country were different from reality.

Is learning English abroad something you are interested in? Whether to learn a language by studying abroad is a big decision. You should be aware of what you are getting into before you start packing your bags.

Disadvantages of Studying Abroad

Thanks
Proofreading Works Online as Service for All
Greg85

Return to “%s” ESL | English as a Second Language Schools