Researcher needs help from ESL students

This forum is designed to provide students with a general discussion area for English as a Second Language

Moderator: Pam Godbee

Researcher needs help from ESL students

Postby cabotcove » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 01:22:55 -0500

I am doing research for my first book and I was wondering if the ESL students could help me out.

The book I am writing seeks to explore the rise of what are known as “custom essay services.” These are companies which, for a fee, will write everything from term papers to even dissertations for cheating students. According to one study I read, 61% of all university students surveyed admits to using such a service. Through my book, I hope to uncover why the use of these services has become so prevalent. In order to do this, I'd like to collect at least 300 case histories of students, who have used custom essay services. As a reward for their help, the first 300 people, who submit a case history will receive a free autographed copy of my book when it comes out as well as a $25 Amazon gift-card. In order to submit a case history, all one has to do is email me the answers to the following questionnaire below. So if you or any of your friends have used a custom essay service, email me with your story! My email is moodthink at aol.com

1. Which custom essay service or services did you use?
2. Why did you feel the need to use one?
3. Why do you feel it so difficult to write papers?
4. Do you feel guilty about using a custom essay service? If not why?
5. When you received your custom essay, was the quality better than what you could have done?
6. What do you think the university should do to help you be a better writer?
7. In what way do you feel the educational system has failed you?

Thank You,
Jean Cabot
cabotcove

How many legs does a cat have?: 4

Re: Researcher needs help from ESL students

Postby Syl » Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:52:11 -0500

Dear Jean,

I'm so sorry that nobody has answered your questions. I haven't because I didn't write any such essay....

Once you wrote your post in June and now we are in August, how did your project proceed? Have you finished your book? If yes, what it the name? is it already for sale?

I think that the best place for you to post such a query is in the Teachers' part of the forum...

Anyway, good luck with your book!!!
Syl's English Corner - Learn English and Have Fun
http://www.ginnegar.0catch.com
Syl

How many legs does a cat have?: 4

Return to “%s” General Discussions